We take people and culture seriously. We are only as good as the people we employ, so we work hard to create an environment that is both enriching and a happy place to be.
As a collective of artists and researchers we strongly believe in personal development, creative democracy and collaboration in the workplace. Despite our hard work we always have time for fun, with a lively social scene both in and outside of the studio. We have a fully kitted out kitchen, sometimes cooking together at lunchtime and sharing freshly baked bread.
Our current premises, a former spice warehouse near Tower Bridge is situated amongst a hub of fellow creative enterprises, with Conran Architects across the road and the now former Design Museum next door. As we share our space with one of London’s top architectural art galleries, Anise Gallery, we also have wall to wall inspiration and invitations to Private View evenings.
Senior Architectural Illustration Artist
Salary depends on experience, plus performance related bonus + benefits
AVR London have an exciting opportunity for a senior 3D Artist to join its dynamic London based studio of artists and researchers. Having created iconic images for a wide variety of architects and developers since 2006, you will have the opportunity to work on projects led by some of the most prestigious names in architecture.
We strongly believe in personal development, creative democracy and collaboration in the workplace, priding ourselves on maintaining an all-embracing and open minded environment where talent is nurtured and honed while entrusting creative responsibility to all our employees. You will gain invaluable insights into the industry, working in a flexible studio that celebrates different artistic styles across a high turnover of projects.
We are seeking someone with a minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience at the highest level of visualisation and a strong portfolio to join our team. The majority of our projects are London based so experience of the City is beneficial – whilst the aim is to always produce beautiful and captivating imagery, team culture, fun and benefits are also hugely important to us. Amongst the usual Go Karting, Escape Rooming adventures that we like to go on as an office we also aim to offer our employees a flexible work schedule, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses and we are in the process of introducing a sabbatical scheme.
Essential Requirements are:
- 3 years of demonstrable experience at the highest level of visualisation and a strong portfolio.
- Taking the lead on individual client projects from initial modelling through to completed images of a high calibre in a variety of styles.
- Using strong artistic and project management skills to take on multiple projects as required, from receiving information through to completion.
- Ability to lead a team and desire to mentor and share knowledge and experience with junior members of the studio.
- A passion for architectural design with an ability to render internal and external scenes with high quality lighting and materials.
- A great eye for composition with a strong 3-dimensional and spatial understanding of buildings plus a good understanding of scale and compositional techniques relating to the virtual environment.
- An excellent team player; someone who is proactive and able to work in an informed way, demonstrating initiative and contributing ideas while assisting in day-to-day studio activities.
- Demonstrate good time management skills and ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise directly with clients on their requirements and any subsequent revisions.
- Extensive experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop and Corona
Desirable Requirements for the Role:
- Animation experience
- Experience working with After Effects
- An Architectural Education
Please send a CV and portfolio of images firstname.lastname@example.org and keep the total email size to below 8MB.
No agencies, no freelancers and no applicants without permission to work in the UK please.